Tonight the biggest stars in Hollywood gather for the 2023 Academy Awards. As a huge fan of movies, I look forward to this celebration of the best films of the year. Before we celebrate the best films, I want to celebrate the best red carpet looks. Here is my best dressed from the Oscar's red carpet (even though this year's carpet wasn't technically red) 2023:
1. Fan Bing Bing: The Chinese actress stunned the red carpet with a gorgeous champagne and emerald Tony Ward green gown. The silhouette was classy and elegant, but the stunning green sleeve and cape detail added a pop of color and just the right amount of drama for the red carpet. The overall all look was the perfect balance between old Hollywood and modern fashion.
2. Sofia Carson: The young actress and singer brought timeless elegance to the red carpet with her white Giambattista Valli gown. The off the shoulder detail of the dress paired with her classic updo, resembled a timeless old Hollywood look perfect for the Oscars. Perhaps the star of the show though was the Chopard necklace with more than 122 carats in emeralds and 92 carats of diamonds.
3. Angela Bassett: The 'Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever' actress stunned on the red carpet in a purple gown created by none other than the iconic Jeremy Scott and Moschino. The look is more than fitting for the queen of Wakanda herself, both the silhouette and the color are very regal. The mermaid silhouette of the gown are classic, but the whimsical one-shoulder aspect of the dress gives it a modern twist. To finish off the look she accessorized with a stunning Bulgari necklace worthy of royalty.
4. Harry Shum Jr: The 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' star walked the carpet in a modern twist on a class tuxedo. The white tux featured a sash on the waist that mimicked a traditional Japanese obi. The look is a modern take on the classic tuxedo with a cultural element that elevates it.
5. Cara Delevingne: The 'Only Murders in the Building' actress turned heads on the red carpet in a stunning red Elie Saab gown. The bold red color made a statement on the red carpet. The high slit added a lovely detail and the shoulder detail is refreshing to see on such an elegant gown. The jewels she wears are courtesy of Bulgari and as well know Bulgari can do no wrong when it comes to providing stunning accessories.
6. Lenny Kravitz: The legendary singer, walked the carpet in the jumpsuit that can only be described as classic Lenny Kravitz. The look appears to be 70's inspired and screams rock star. The pointy boots that he paired with the look add a nice touch to the look, and are also very classic of the singer.
7. Lady Gaga: The actress and singer took a break from filming 'Joker 2' to attend the Academy Awards and her black Versace gown did not disappoint. If you think the gown looks familiar it's because just last week it debuted at the Versace fall/winter 2023-2024 fashion show. The dress is very fitting for Gaga as it very much fits her personal style. The corset style bodice is very 2023, but the timeless black color and the gorgeous black skirt elevate the look and give it an elegance for the Oscars.
8. Florence Pugh: The young star turned heads when she walked the red carpet in a stunning Valentino gown with shorts peeking through. The gorgeous ruffles and the beautiful slate color are elegant, but the hot pants underneath give it a bit of an edge that is perfect for Florence. To complete the look she finished it off with gorgeous Valentino pumps perfect for the tiny actress.
9. Zuri Hall: The reporter and actress brought a timeless elegance to the red carpet with her black gown. The corset bodice and gloves, are two trends that are in style right now and her incorporation of both added a touch of modern style to the look. The black color is timeless and the gown as a whole is a look that is sure to never go out of style.
10. Dwayne Johnson: Fans of the actor were pleasantly surprised to see him walk the carpet in a ballet pink tuxedo. The pink tuxedo was refreshing to see on a red carpet filled with black tuxedos. The color was a nice contrast of color for the very masculine actor. Overall the look was a breath of fresh air on the carpet, and though unexpected it sure stunned for all the right reasons.
11. Marlee Matlin: The actress who starred in last year's best picture 'Coda' walked the red carpet in a stunning black gown with a matching black jacket over it. The look was very age appropriate for the actress, while still being fashionable and trendy. The black color is timeless and the feather details at the bottom added a fun element to the gown.
12. Michael B Jordan: The 'Creed 3' and 'Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever' actor walked the red carpet in a classic tuxedo with a twist. His Louis Vuitton tuxedo was exactly what you would expect from a male walking the red carpet, but the Tiffany & Co. jewel brooches on his lapel add a fashionable style element. The actor is known for his smooth style, and The Oscars red carpet was no exception.
13. Malala Yousafzai: It is only fitting that the activist make her Oscars debut during Women's History Month. Her silver sequin Ralph Lauren dress with a matching hood are the perfect balance of elegant and glamorous for the Oscars red carpet. The gathered detail on the bodice as well as the crystals on the sleeve are an extra element that complete the look.
14: Samuel L Jackson: The actor walked the red carpet in a silver suit that is sure to remind everyone why he is still one of the coolest actors in Hollywood. His silver jacket and matching silver bow tie were unexpected but definitely in style. The look paired perfectly with the cream colored carpet that the stars walked this year.
15. Danai Gurira: The 'Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever' actress walked the carpet in an elegant and timeless black gown. Though the gown itself was simple, it was her towering updo that really completed the look. The star paid tribute to her African roots with her hair, and took her look from simple to daring. Overall her look was classic and elegant.