This year's Oscars have come and gone. 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' took home the award for best picture, Michelle Yeoh became the first Asian woman to win the award for best actress, Rihanna performed at the awards ceremony for the first time and Guillermo del Toro became the first director to win best picture, best director and best animated feature. The excitement didn't end when the ceremony was over though, in fact the fun was just getting started. After the ceremony the stars (both those who attended the ceremony and those who didn't) gathered at the after parties. The first after party was the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party, which has become known over the years for its iconic looks. The second after party was the annual star studded Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars After Party, which is also known for its fashion. Although the after parties aren't televised, I'm here to keep you updated. Below is my list of the best dressed at the Oscars after parties 2023:
VANITY FAIR OSCARS AFTER PARTY
1. Kate Hudson: The after party is all about having fun, and one way to have fun is by experimenting with color. Kate Hudson did not shy away from color, opting to wear a bold pink color. Her gown featured a fitted mermaid silhouette that is very on trend right now. The best part of her look is the ruffle sleeve detail that added a bold eye-catching element to her look.
2. Quinta Brunson: Spring is the time to have fun with patterns and color and Quinta Brunson took the opportunity to do both at the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party. The fitted dress featured a multi-colored floral pattern, that is perfect for this season. The colors perfectly compliment her skin tone and the fitted silhouette looks stunning on her. The look is the perfect balance of fun and trendy for an after party.
3. Danielle Deadwyler: Usually when someone says a look has "a lot going on" it is meant as an insult, but in Danielle Deadwyler's case her after party look had a lot going on in the best way. The cheetah print mini dress features a big bow detail that sits on her right hip. She paired the dress with Tiffany blue gloves, normally I would never pair cheetah print and Tiffany blue but in this case they perfectly compliment each other. The look is fun, unexpected and absolutely perfect for any after party.
4. Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner: No couple can pull off Louis Vuitton looks like the power couple that is Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner. The two who are ambassadors for Louis Vuitton attended the after party in all black matching Louis Vuitton looks. Joe kept his look classic in an all black suit with subtle floral detailing. Meanwhile Sophie stunned in a black mini dress with a sheer black overlaid cape and crystals sprinkled throughout. Together the two definitely made a statement.
5. Olivia Rodrigo: When it comes to fashion (and music) Olivia Rodrigo can do no wrong, and she once again proved it tonight at the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party. The young singer turned heads in a sparkly leopard print gown. Although the silhouette of the gown was quite simple, the sparkly cheetah print added an extra element that made the look fun and fashionable for any after party.
6. Minnie Driver: As we already know both color and florals are very on trend this season, and Minnie Driver brought both of those trends to her after party look. The gown was a less traditional ballgown style silhouette that added an element of whimsicality to her look. The light blue flowers on the dress added a pop of color perfect for any after party. Overall the dress combined whimsical femininity and current fashion trends to create the perfect after party look.
7. Alexandria Daddario: Perhaps this one is a bit biased, since Alexandra Daddario could wear just about anything and still look stunning, but nonetheless her classic black gown deserves a spot on this list. The dress could have been labeled as basic or simple but the sequins that covers it adds an element of playfulness to the look. Overall the look is fun and sparkly making it perfect for any after party.
8. Iris Apatow: Bronze is a color that is very on trend this season and stars like Salma Hayek walked the Oscars red carpet wearing the color, after the ceremony though Iris Apatow brought the color to the after party and it did not disappoint. Her fitted sequin bronze dress featured colorful flowers throughout, which added the perfect amount of fun and playfulness to her after party look. She accessorized the dress with a choker featuring a matching flower, that really completed the look.
9. Andrew Garfield: In a world where men wear black to every event, Andrew Garfield decided to change things up a bit and wear a red suit jacket. Not only are the colors refreshing, but they are also very fitting for Spider-Man himself. The pop of red adds a modern twist to a classic suit look, and is the perfect color for the spring season. Meanwhile the light blue shirt and black tie that he paired with jacket unexpectedly compliment the look very well, and add a traditional element to the overall look.
9. Eva Longoria: A black dress always runs the risk of being boring, but in Eva Longoria's case she found a way to make a black dress fun and fashionable. Her black dress features a black bodysuit with a sheer floor length skirt. The dress features details like a sweetheart neckline and cutouts on the side of the bodice that really elevate the look. The look is fun and unique in the best way possible.
10. Simone Ashley: It can be hard to pull off a bold color like turquoise but Simone Ashley, perfectly pulled off the color. The turquoise shade of the dress perfectly complimented her skin tone. The dress featured so many fun elements such as the sequin fabric and the bows on her left hip and right shoulder. One sleeved dresses are something we've been seeing a lot, but the bold blue color and the big bow on the sleeve make this look unique and trendy.
ELTON JOHN AIDS FOUNDATION AFTER PARTY
11. Lisa Rinna: I'll admit this look might not be for everyone, but I think Lisa Rinna absolutely nailed this look that is meant to look like the dress is wearing her. It is unique and playful, while still being classic. It is the perfect amount of fun for any after party. The black and white colors of the dress keep it classic and the simple black heels and black gloves are the perfect accessories for the look.
12. Evan Mock: The actor decided to ditch the classic black suit for a monochromatic white suit, that was definitely the right choice for the after party. He accessorized the look with chunky black shoes that contrasted perfectly with the white monochromatic look and a colorful chain necklace that added a subtle hint of color to the all white look.
13. Hilary Duff: When it comes to a bold color Hilary Duff was not playing around, and she attended the after party in a bold red dress. The bold red color definitely made a statement in the best way possible. The criss cross neckline added a fun element to the dress. Aside from the neckline the rest of the dress features a classic ballgown silhouette that is timeless and elegant.
14. Julianne Hough: Every best dressed list needs a classic black gown, and Julianne Hough's after party is the perfect classic black gown for this list. The top of the dress is a fitted mermaid style silhouette, and the bottom of the dress flares out into a train. The dress was elegant and timeless. It was also perfectly accessorized with a black clutch that perfectly complimented the gown and a necklace that featured emeralds that added just the slightest hint of color to the classic black look.
15. Chloe Kim: The Olympic athlete might own quite a bit of gold, but champagne might just be the perfect color for her. She attended the after party in a short ruffled tulle champagne color dress that featured a playful long train. She paired the dress with matching heels that created the perfect monochromatic look, and stacked necklaces to add a bit of sparkle to the look. Overall he look was playful, fun, whimsical and perfect for any after party.