Swift kicked off the show in a custom sparkly Atelier Versace bodysuit. On night one she wore a pink and blue bodysuit and on night two she wore a blue and gold bodysuit. While wearing this she sang songs from her album 'Lover'. The look was inspired by the pastels and sparkles that the singer was known for wearing during her Lover era.
She changed into her second look of the night to sing 'The Man' a song that is also from her 'Lover' album. This look was also custom Versace. The look consisted of a sparkly blazer inspired by the blazer she wears in the music video for the song. On night 1 she wore a silver blazer and night 2 she wore a black one. While in this look she also took the opportunity to show off her custom Louboutin boots that are rumored to have a value of $20,000.
After that the singer took us back in time to her Fearless era, singing classics like 'You Belong with Me' and 'Love Story'. During this era Swift was known for wearing gold so its only fitting that she wear a gold Roberto Cavalli mini dress for this part of the concert. She completed the looks with a sparkly guitar similar to the one she used during the Fearless era. For night two Swift wore another gold dress with silver at the bottom. It featured a similar silhouette as the dress she wore night one, but was definitely a more mature look.
Next she switched over to the Evermore era. The singer released 'Evermore' in 2020 amidst the pandemic so it was her first time performing it live. For this look she traded sparkles for a more laid back orange dress that was very fitting for the vibe of the album. The dress featured corset detailing and subtle gold embellishments.
Changing up the tone Swift switched over to her Reputation era. For this era she wore a one sleeved bodysuit reminiscent of the one she wore back in 2018, and very fitting for the era. The bodysuit was black and red, two colors that were very common of Swift during this era. It also featured a snake detailing perfect for the era.
Once again changing the tone she switched to her Speak Now era. She only sang one song from the era, which is 'Enchanted', but she did manage to switch to a gorgeous ballgown for this song. The ballgown was very reminiscent of the gold Valentino gown she wore during her tour in 2011. On night one she wore a gold Nicole+Felicia Couture ballgown and on night two she wore a pink ballgown. Both ballgowns looked like they were fit for royalty.
After that she switched to her Red era, with not one but two looks. For the first look she recreated the look from her '22' music video. A sparkly t-shirt with a black bowler hat and black shorts. On night one the shirt read "A lot going on at the moment" and on night 2 the shirt read "Who's Taylor Swift anyway ew".
For the second Red era look Swift changed to a sparkly red jacket and a matching red and black ombre one-piece shorts set underneath. This look resembled a more mature version of the ringleader costume she wore on tour in 2013. She finished off the look with a marching red guitar that was absolutely perfect for the Red era.
On night two Swift also performed a bonus song which was 'State of Grace' from her album 'Red'. For this song she wore a green dress, that was more simple and laid back. It featured ruffle detailing and just the slightest hint of sparkle.
Next Swift performed songs from 'Folklore' live for the first time. For this era she switched over to a softer more simple lavender dress. Perhaps the highlight of the dress was the flowy sleeves and ruffles. For night two the singer wore a similar white dress that also featured ruffles and flowy sleeves. The delicateness and lightness of both dresses was very fitting for the Folklore era.
Switching things up once again Swift shifted into the 1989 era. For this era Swift wore a fuchsia two piece set complete with fringe and sparkles. This set was another set by Roberto Cavalli. It was very reminiscent of the sets she wore during the 1989 tour. For night two she wore a similar set, but she traded the fuschia for green. Of course she finished the look off with another pair of custom Louboutins.
For the next outfit change she revisited her debut album with a performance of her song 'Tim McGraw'. For this she wore a magenta dress with ruffle sleeves and subtle beading. The simplicity of the dress was perfect for this acoustic performance.
For the end of the concert Swift switched over to her most recent era the Midnights era. The first song she performed was 'Lavender Haze' so it was only fitting that the singer wear a lavender coat. She layered the coat over a sequin t-shirt dress. The fur coat was very reminiscent of the one she wears in the song's music video and perfect for the first live performance of the song.
Swift then changed into a bedazzled Oscar De La Renta bodysuit complete with crystals. The bodysuit was in none other than a midnight blue color perfect for her Midnights era. She finished off the look with yet another pair of custom Louboutin boots in the same midnight blue color.
She couldn't finish off the show without changing her look one more time. So for the final song of the night 'Karma' she threw on a sparkly fringe jacket overtop of the bodysuit. On night one she wore a rainbow jacket and on night two she wore a purple one. The look was the perfect look to close the show.
1. Cara Delevingne: Not only did the actress turn heads as one of the best dressed at the Oscars, but she was also one of the best dressed at the after party. She traded her bold red gown for a much softer off-white gown. The gown is a tight mermaid silhouette that fits her perfectly and flatters her figure. It features a corset detail, which is very on trend this season and a small train. The dress is the perfect balance between feminine, elegant and trendy.
2. Angela Bassett: Speaking of making both the Oscars best dressed list and the after party best dressed list, Angela Bassett did just that. The iconic actress traded her purple gown for a red two-piece set. Just like her gown this set was also designed by Jeremy Scott and Moschino. The set is very age appropriate and elegant for the actress. The look perfectly compliments the gown she wore on the red carpet, which is an added bonus.
3. Chloe Bailey: The singer rocked the after party in a black dress with a mermaid silhouette (very fitting for the Little Mermaid's sister). The bottom of the dress features feathers and a small train, while the top of the dress features a unique neckline that attaches to the dress's one sleeve. Black is an elegant color for every event, but Chloe combined the classic color with stylish details that are perfect for the red carpet.
4. Becky G: Her look featured some of the biggest trends at the moment including the sheer dress trend and a hood. The champagne color of the dress perfectly complimented her skin tone. She also did a wonderful job of accessorizing the look by adding some matching peep toe heels to the look. Overall her look was stylish and fun.
5. Danai Gurira: For her look Danai decided to wear a purple sequin gown. The purple color was a great choice for an after party and the sequins added an element of fun to the look. The dress also featured a plunging neckline and a high slit that added an element of drama to the look. She topped off the look with sparkly silver earrings and matching silver heels.
6. Gigi Hadid: Red seems to be the color of the season, and Gigi Hadid sure rocked red at the after party. The model wore a fitted red Zac Posen dress with ruched detailing. The bold red color contrasted perfectly with her blonde hair and skin tone. She accessorized the dress with matching red heels, creating the perfect monochromatic look. Perhaps the best part of the dress was the unique off-the shoulder sleeves, that brought just the perfect amount of drama to the after party.
7. Sofia Carson: If there's someone who doesn't miss on the red carpet it's Sofia Carson, and she once again proved that at the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party. She wore an off the shoulder champagne color fitted gown. The dress featured ruffles from top to bottom, sheer detailing underneath the ruffles and crystals throughout. To add to the sparkle she paired the look with sparkly heels and a sparkly necklace. She shined like the superstar that she is at the after party.
8. Hilary Duff: After attending the Elton John Aids Foundation Oscars After Party (where she was also one of the best dressed) the actress changed into yet another flawless look for the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party. She traded the bold red ballgown she had on earlier that night for a light peach colored dress. The bodice of the dress is a corset style, that is very on trend this season. The skirt of the dress was more flowy and sheer. She accessorized with an elegant sparkly necklace and a black clutch that added a nice contrast to the look. Overall her look resembled old Hollywood glamour with a modern twist.
9. Florence Pugh: Valentino and Florence Pugh are a match made in heaven, and they proved that tonight with her after party look. The actress wore a two-piece black bralette and pants. The bralette is classic Valentino and it looks like it was made just for Florence. Over top she wore a lavender coat. The lavender color added a nice pop of color to the look and the coat itself added some drama without hiding the tiny actress too much. She kept the accessories simple by adding only a silver necklace. The look was a look that few could pull off, but Florence definitely did.
10. Heidi Klum: It's no secret that Heidi Klum has an eye for fashion, and once again she proved that at the after party. She opted for a Tiffany blue gown with dramatic bold sleeves. Color is fun and perfect for an after party and her choice of Tiffany blue was perfect for this after party. The gown itself was simple and something that has been done before, but the addition of the dramatic sleeves added a fun element to the look.
11. An elegant black gown never goes out of style, especially when Elizabeth Olsen is the one wearing it. A black dress can be boring when not done right, but the actress definitely knew how to style the dress so that it wouldn't be boring. The plunging neckline adds an element of drama to the look. Meanwhile her jewelry elevates the look, and adds to the elegance of the dress. Even though it is simple, the simplicity is what adds to its elegance. The look is timeless and classic, which makes it perfect for any after party.
12. Yara Shahidi: Red and flowers are both trending right now, and Yara Shahidi combined both for her after party look. The actress wore a stunning red color that perfectly complimented her skin tone. The dress featured flowers throughout and off-white detailing that peeked over the top and bottom of the dress. She paired the dress with matching gloves that are very fun for an after party and elevated the look. She kept her jewelry minimal and wore nude heels so as to not overwhelm the look. The look was almost too much but the styling was perfect and fun for the after party.
13. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan: Although I am a fan of color for an after party a black dress can also be fun when done correctly, and Maitreyi Ramakrishnan definitely nailed her black dress at the after party. The young star opted for a simple fitted black gown. The silver detailing on the neckline and shoulders are what really made the look. The silver detailing is fun and added an element of glamour to the dress. The dress was a modern twist on a classic style, perfect for any after party.
14. Camila Mendes: Versace does no wrong and Camila Mendes' after party dress was no exception. She wore a one sleeved white wrapped dress with a cutout on the left side. The dress itself was simple, but the wrapped detailing made it more trendy and fun. The high slit brought drama to the look, and the simple silver heels paired perfectly with the dress.
15. Ariana Debose: Two-piece sets are perfect for an after party especially the set Ariana Debose wore. The pants and sleeves are sheer lace, which is very trendy right now. The jacket also features a plunging neckline that was dramatic and she accessorized it with a bold silver necklace that added to the drama. The look is the perfect balance of fun, comfortable and stylish for any after party.
As an added bonus here are a few of my favorite pictures and moments from the after party:
1. Best actress winner Michelle Yeoh and best actor winner Brendan Fraser celebrated their wins at the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party with trophies in hand.
2. Outside the after party Oscars nominated actress Florence Pugh celebrated and supported newly awarded best actress Michelle Yeoh.
3. Also outside the after party sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey shared a sweet moment, holding hands and smiling for the cameras.
4. Two of the youngest stars in Hollywood, Olivia Rodrigo (record breaking singer) and Maitreyi Ramakrishnan (star of one of the most popular shows on Netflix 'Never Have I Ever') posed together for cameras inside the after party.
5. Olivia Rodrigo also met up with famous bestie actress Iris Apatow and her equally as famous parents actress Leslie Mann and filmmaker Judd Apatow.
6. Last but not least a few of my favorite celebrities Joe Jonas, Lana Condor, Dove Cameron and Sophie Turner met up inside the after party and posed for cameras.
VANITY FAIR OSCARS AFTER PARTY
1. Kate Hudson: The after party is all about having fun, and one way to have fun is by experimenting with color. Kate Hudson did not shy away from color, opting to wear a bold pink color. Her gown featured a fitted mermaid silhouette that is very on trend right now. The best part of her look is the ruffle sleeve detail that added a bold eye-catching element to her look.
2. Quinta Brunson: Spring is the time to have fun with patterns and color and Quinta Brunson took the opportunity to do both at the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party. The fitted dress featured a multi-colored floral pattern, that is perfect for this season. The colors perfectly compliment her skin tone and the fitted silhouette looks stunning on her. The look is the perfect balance of fun and trendy for an after party.
3. Danielle Deadwyler: Usually when someone says a look has "a lot going on" it is meant as an insult, but in Danielle Deadwyler's case her after party look had a lot going on in the best way. The cheetah print mini dress features a big bow detail that sits on her right hip. She paired the dress with Tiffany blue gloves, normally I would never pair cheetah print and Tiffany blue but in this case they perfectly compliment each other. The look is fun, unexpected and absolutely perfect for any after party.
4. Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner: No couple can pull off Louis Vuitton looks like the power couple that is Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner. The two who are ambassadors for Louis Vuitton attended the after party in all black matching Louis Vuitton looks. Joe kept his look classic in an all black suit with subtle floral detailing. Meanwhile Sophie stunned in a black mini dress with a sheer black overlaid cape and crystals sprinkled throughout. Together the two definitely made a statement.
5. Olivia Rodrigo: When it comes to fashion (and music) Olivia Rodrigo can do no wrong, and she once again proved it tonight at the Vanity Fair Oscars After Party. The young singer turned heads in a sparkly leopard print gown. Although the silhouette of the gown was quite simple, the sparkly cheetah print added an extra element that made the look fun and fashionable for any after party.
6. Minnie Driver: As we already know both color and florals are very on trend this season, and Minnie Driver brought both of those trends to her after party look. The gown was a less traditional ballgown style silhouette that added an element of whimsicality to her look. The light blue flowers on the dress added a pop of color perfect for any after party. Overall the dress combined whimsical femininity and current fashion trends to create the perfect after party look.
7. Alexandria Daddario: Perhaps this one is a bit biased, since Alexandra Daddario could wear just about anything and still look stunning, but nonetheless her classic black gown deserves a spot on this list. The dress could have been labeled as basic or simple but the sequins that covers it adds an element of playfulness to the look. Overall the look is fun and sparkly making it perfect for any after party.
8. Iris Apatow: Bronze is a color that is very on trend this season and stars like Salma Hayek walked the Oscars red carpet wearing the color, after the ceremony though Iris Apatow brought the color to the after party and it did not disappoint. Her fitted sequin bronze dress featured colorful flowers throughout, which added the perfect amount of fun and playfulness to her after party look. She accessorized the dress with a choker featuring a matching flower, that really completed the look.
9. Andrew Garfield: In a world where men wear black to every event, Andrew Garfield decided to change things up a bit and wear a red suit jacket. Not only are the colors refreshing, but they are also very fitting for Spider-Man himself. The pop of red adds a modern twist to a classic suit look, and is the perfect color for the spring season. Meanwhile the light blue shirt and black tie that he paired with jacket unexpectedly compliment the look very well, and add a traditional element to the overall look.
9. Eva Longoria: A black dress always runs the risk of being boring, but in Eva Longoria's case she found a way to make a black dress fun and fashionable. Her black dress features a black bodysuit with a sheer floor length skirt. The dress features details like a sweetheart neckline and cutouts on the side of the bodice that really elevate the look. The look is fun and unique in the best way possible.
10. Simone Ashley: It can be hard to pull off a bold color like turquoise but Simone Ashley, perfectly pulled off the color. The turquoise shade of the dress perfectly complimented her skin tone. The dress featured so many fun elements such as the sequin fabric and the bows on her left hip and right shoulder. One sleeved dresses are something we've been seeing a lot, but the bold blue color and the big bow on the sleeve make this look unique and trendy.
ELTON JOHN AIDS FOUNDATION AFTER PARTY
11. Lisa Rinna: I'll admit this look might not be for everyone, but I think Lisa Rinna absolutely nailed this look that is meant to look like the dress is wearing her. It is unique and playful, while still being classic. It is the perfect amount of fun for any after party. The black and white colors of the dress keep it classic and the simple black heels and black gloves are the perfect accessories for the look.
12. Evan Mock: The actor decided to ditch the classic black suit for a monochromatic white suit, that was definitely the right choice for the after party. He accessorized the look with chunky black shoes that contrasted perfectly with the white monochromatic look and a colorful chain necklace that added a subtle hint of color to the all white look.
13. Hilary Duff: When it comes to a bold color Hilary Duff was not playing around, and she attended the after party in a bold red dress. The bold red color definitely made a statement in the best way possible. The criss cross neckline added a fun element to the dress. Aside from the neckline the rest of the dress features a classic ballgown silhouette that is timeless and elegant.
14. Julianne Hough: Every best dressed list needs a classic black gown, and Julianne Hough's after party is the perfect classic black gown for this list. The top of the dress is a fitted mermaid style silhouette, and the bottom of the dress flares out into a train. The dress was elegant and timeless. It was also perfectly accessorized with a black clutch that perfectly complimented the gown and a necklace that featured emeralds that added just the slightest hint of color to the classic black look.
15. Chloe Kim: The Olympic athlete might own quite a bit of gold, but champagne might just be the perfect color for her. She attended the after party in a short ruffled tulle champagne color dress that featured a playful long train. She paired the dress with matching heels that created the perfect monochromatic look, and stacked necklaces to add a bit of sparkle to the look. Overall he look was playful, fun, whimsical and perfect for any after party.
1. Fan Bing Bing: The Chinese actress stunned the red carpet with a gorgeous champagne and emerald Tony Ward green gown. The silhouette was classy and elegant, but the stunning green sleeve and cape detail added a pop of color and just the right amount of drama for the red carpet. The overall all look was the perfect balance between old Hollywood and modern fashion.
2. Sofia Carson: The young actress and singer brought timeless elegance to the red carpet with her white Giambattista Valli gown. The off the shoulder detail of the dress paired with her classic updo, resembled a timeless old Hollywood look perfect for the Oscars. Perhaps the star of the show though was the Chopard necklace with more than 122 carats in emeralds and 92 carats of diamonds.
3. Angela Bassett: The 'Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever' actress stunned on the red carpet in a purple gown created by none other than the iconic Jeremy Scott and Moschino. The look is more than fitting for the queen of Wakanda herself, both the silhouette and the color are very regal. The mermaid silhouette of the gown are classic, but the whimsical one-shoulder aspect of the dress gives it a modern twist. To finish off the look she accessorized with a stunning Bulgari necklace worthy of royalty.
4. Harry Shum Jr: The 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' star walked the carpet in a modern twist on a class tuxedo. The white tux featured a sash on the waist that mimicked a traditional Japanese obi. The look is a modern take on the classic tuxedo with a cultural element that elevates it.
5. Cara Delevingne: The 'Only Murders in the Building' actress turned heads on the red carpet in a stunning red Elie Saab gown. The bold red color made a statement on the red carpet. The high slit added a lovely detail and the shoulder detail is refreshing to see on such an elegant gown. The jewels she wears are courtesy of Bulgari and as well know Bulgari can do no wrong when it comes to providing stunning accessories.
6. Lenny Kravitz: The legendary singer, walked the carpet in the jumpsuit that can only be described as classic Lenny Kravitz. The look appears to be 70's inspired and screams rock star. The pointy boots that he paired with the look add a nice touch to the look, and are also very classic of the singer.
7. Lady Gaga: The actress and singer took a break from filming 'Joker 2' to attend the Academy Awards and her black Versace gown did not disappoint. If you think the gown looks familiar it's because just last week it debuted at the Versace fall/winter 2023-2024 fashion show. The dress is very fitting for Gaga as it very much fits her personal style. The corset style bodice is very 2023, but the timeless black color and the gorgeous black skirt elevate the look and give it an elegance for the Oscars.
8. Florence Pugh: The young star turned heads when she walked the red carpet in a stunning Valentino gown with shorts peeking through. The gorgeous ruffles and the beautiful slate color are elegant, but the hot pants underneath give it a bit of an edge that is perfect for Florence. To complete the look she finished it off with gorgeous Valentino pumps perfect for the tiny actress.
9. Zuri Hall: The reporter and actress brought a timeless elegance to the red carpet with her black gown. The corset bodice and gloves, are two trends that are in style right now and her incorporation of both added a touch of modern style to the look. The black color is timeless and the gown as a whole is a look that is sure to never go out of style.
10. Dwayne Johnson: Fans of the actor were pleasantly surprised to see him walk the carpet in a ballet pink tuxedo. The pink tuxedo was refreshing to see on a red carpet filled with black tuxedos. The color was a nice contrast of color for the very masculine actor. Overall the look was a breath of fresh air on the carpet, and though unexpected it sure stunned for all the right reasons.
11. Marlee Matlin: The actress who starred in last year's best picture 'Coda' walked the red carpet in a stunning black gown with a matching black jacket over it. The look was very age appropriate for the actress, while still being fashionable and trendy. The black color is timeless and the feather details at the bottom added a fun element to the gown.
12. Michael B Jordan: The 'Creed 3' and 'Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever' actor walked the red carpet in a classic tuxedo with a twist. His Louis Vuitton tuxedo was exactly what you would expect from a male walking the red carpet, but the Tiffany & Co. jewel brooches on his lapel add a fashionable style element. The actor is known for his smooth style, and The Oscars red carpet was no exception.
13. Malala Yousafzai: It is only fitting that the activist make her Oscars debut during Women's History Month. Her silver sequin Ralph Lauren dress with a matching hood are the perfect balance of elegant and glamorous for the Oscars red carpet. The gathered detail on the bodice as well as the crystals on the sleeve are an extra element that complete the look.
14: Samuel L Jackson: The actor walked the red carpet in a silver suit that is sure to remind everyone why he is still one of the coolest actors in Hollywood. His silver jacket and matching silver bow tie were unexpected but definitely in style. The look paired perfectly with the cream colored carpet that the stars walked this year.
15. Danai Gurira: The 'Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever' actress walked the carpet in an elegant and timeless black gown. Though the gown itself was simple, it was her towering updo that really completed the look. The star paid tribute to her African roots with her hair, and took her look from simple to daring. Overall her look was classic and elegant.
Last night people all over the world tuned in to to the Grammys. While the ceremony is a celebration of music, one of my favorite aspects of the show is seeing all the fashion. The looks don't stop once the cameras stop rolling though. Some of the best looks come from the after parties that take place after the ceremony. Here is my list of the Best Dressed at the 2023 Grammys after parties:
Olivia Rodrigo- Last year's Best New Artist Olivia Rodrigo presented an award at this year's Grammys. She presented in a black gown that was simple yet elegant, however it's her after party look that really stole the show. She attended Universal Music Group's after party in a black sequin mini dress by 16Arlington. The dress featured a cutout and she completed her look with 5 inch heels from the brand Paris Texas. The look was the perfect balance between fashionable and comfortable for an after party and captured the young singer's style perfectly.
Kendall Jenner- There can't be an event without a Kardashian/Jenner sister in attendance. The Grammys after party was no exception, Kendall Jenner was in attendance wearing a deep red dress by Bottega Veneta complete with matching tights, black kitten heels and nude detailing at the top of the dress. The look was perfect for a model like Kendall and blended classic pieces like kitten heels with newer fashion elements like matching a dress and tights to mimic a catsuit look.
Megan Fox- Actress Megan Fox attended the Grammys with her boyfriend Machine Gun Kelly. While supporting her boyfriend at the ceremony she wore a long gown, but for the after party she ditched the gown for a short white corset style dress complete with matching gloves and shoes. The look overall is simple, but the simplicity is the great thing about it. Both corsets and gloves are trending in fashion right now, and Megan's look features both.
Xochitl Gomez- This young actress never fails to be the best dressed at any event. She attended the Universal Music Group after party wearing a sheer bodysuit with a cutout, leather jacket with fringe, black pumps and a red flower in her hair. The bodysuit is very reminiscent of the iconic purple bodysuit singer Selena Quintanilla once wore. The look might be a bit too bold or overdone for some people, but I personally think Xochitl was able to pull it off. Overall it is a fun and unique especially for an after party.